FOOD FOR THOUGHT...

"Good chefs, like artists, are visionaries. You have to have a vision of the taste, the look, the smell of your masterpiece; you hold it in your mind and make it materialize."

Onid Jatteri

Friday, April 9, 2010

Easter Curry

The ham was tender, the baked potatoes fluffy and buttery, the desserts sublime. It really wasn't hard to pass all that up, though, because I had a new favorite to indulge my tastebuds:
Savory Veggie Curry.
In blender, in this order (juiciest on bottom):
3 roma tomatoes, halved (or quartered if using standard blender)
1 5-7" zuchinni cut in 1" chunks
Blend, starting on low, go up to about 4 on Vitamix. Don't totally liquify, just get it juicy and well chopped, tamping as needed. If you don't have a tamper, use a celery stalk or carrot.

Blend in: 1 large celery, coarse chopped - blend on low 3-4 seconds just to mix in.

Blend in: 1 T. agave
1/2 " jalapeno (opt)
1 T. curry powder, or to your taste
3 scallions, coarse chopped
4-5 more celery stalks, cut in 2" chunks, added in about 3 batches, tamping as needed.

Pour into 2 large soup bowls.

Stir in toppings: chopped/diced sweet peppers, scallions, celery, cilantro, cucumber, zuchinni, whatever floats your boat in the line of fresh veggies.
I also used finely chopped cauliflower, sprouts (pea, sunflower, and a bean/seed mix that is tender but crunchy, and grated carrot.

I added some slices of avocado, but only because I didn't have some fresh coconut to shred and top it all off in true curry style!

The mushroom caps were filled with Zoe's Spring Cheese, then dipped into a dish of chopped red sweet peppers.

A tasty and satisfying Easter Dinner. I've been enjoying this Curry for several weeks, I LOVE curry!

I have to confess: I did have a mini tart filled with my nieces' homemade lemon curd.


No comments:

Post a Comment