FOOD FOR THOUGHT...

"Good chefs, like artists, are visionaries. You have to have a vision of the taste, the look, the smell of your masterpiece; you hold it in your mind and make it materialize."

Onid Jatteri

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Learning curve...

As with most endeavors, one should become educated about what you are doing. Especially when it comes to your health and well-being. For the past few days, I've been traveling high-speed roads over the internet, visiting around in the raw world. Fun, informative, time-consuming...some good sites, some not-so-good.

My basic premise in life is, KEEP IT SIMPLE. Approaching raw eating with this in mind, I have criteria for what I ingest both mentally and physically.

One thing I've learned in the past 24 hours, is that I will probably be considered a "high raw" eater - if one must really have a label. In other words, I will eat mostly raw, most of the time. I love lightly steamed veggies like broc and cauliflower, and as long as I don't boil the good stuff out of a veg I see no reason to agonize over "giving up" foods that have proven good for me in the past. I listen to my body a lot. It knows.

That all being said, I have to recommend a site that I think has done an exemplary job of keeping it simple, educational and encouraging. The author, Gena, seems warm and approachable and has COMMON SENSE! How refreshing! I often maintain it has left the planet...

Anyway, here's a link to Gena and her awesome explanations and recipes. Be sure to explore the tabs at the top, and have an open mind as you read. You will be refreshed and maybe even inspired. I certainly am.

http://www.choosingraw.com/

Gena has done the footwork, and I never have believed in reinventing the wheel...

No comments:

Post a Comment