FOOD FOR THOUGHT...

"Good chefs, like artists, are visionaries. You have to have a vision of the taste, the look, the smell of your masterpiece; you hold it in your mind and make it materialize."

Onid Jatteri

Monday, August 17, 2009

The other end....



When I had a working juicer, I put my share of carrots into a glass. I don't recall using the green end, though. Probably because that particular juicer didn't do greens well.

Now I can use the other end of those carrots! There is a yummy salad sorta dish that I make with grated carrots and grated fresh beets - the green end usually made it out to the horses, or goats. Now, the greenies go into the VitaMix!

This morning's green smoothie: fresh pineapple, half an orange juiced, and a good handful of carrots tops. I was a little tenative with the first sip - afterall, there was no banana for sweet creaminess. But the pineapple carried the job - what a surprise, a fresh greeny sweetly pinappley flavor!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it fun to be able to use the whole plant? I just picked a couple of carrots from the garden and love using the greens in my smoothies. :)

    ReplyDelete